Sunday, August 22, 2010

Introductions



My name is Amy-Jo Windt, I am a mixed media artist, living and working in Durban, South Africa. In 2009 I graduated from the Durban University of Technology with a Bachelors Degree in Technology in Fine Art. I specialized in collage, digital prints, and stop frame animations.

My main area of study within my final paper is the manipulation of mass media imagery in the work of Wangechi Mutu and Hannah Hoch. In my work I collage images of subverted female figures out of fashion and life style magazines. I then have taken these figures, and blown them up into 'poster size' prints to emphasize the medium of advertising. I have also taken the figures and created puppets out of them and used the puppets within my stop frame animated films, in which i created small skits. My work also consisted of dioramas in which I manufactured a three - dimentional world, from skits performed in the animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment